The books that I am reading and occasionally a mini-review or rating. C#, Perf, dotnet.
Turns out, unsurprisingly, that covid lockdown is a good time to read a lot.
- C# In Depth, by Jon Skeet
- Writing High-Performance .NET Code, by Ben Watson
- Pro .NET Memory Management, by Konrad Kokosa
- Pro .NET Benchmarking, by Andrey Akinshin. See nuget BenchmarkDotNet
- Get Programming With F# by Isaac Abraham
- Game Engine Black Book: Wolfenstien 3d, by Fabien Sanglard
- Game Engine Black Book: DOOM, by Fabien Sanglard
On my bedside table
- Docker In Practice - Miell, Sayers
As an aside, check out Manning Publication's liveBook platform. It makes reading on a kindle seem antiquated.
For example, here is C# In Depth as a liveBook.
In have no doubt, that this is the future of technical books.
Disclaimer: I occasionally review books for manning; although without remuneration.