Coding Challenges / Projects
Doing coding challenges has above all been fun, and long the way I have learned a lot and expanded my programming/languages horizon.
If you are a professional programmer, then you know the burden of deadlines, technical debt, corporate coding guidelines -- can take away the joy of code. Coding Challenges will bring back the love...
If you are just starting to code, or are a jaded master, doing recreational coding challenges will make you happier.
Have any suggestions? What are you favourites? Add a comment below!
Level 1: The Classics
- Calculate first 100'000 primes
- Tower of Hanoy -- all that recursive fun
- Enigma Machine -- WWII NAzi hunting
- Mandelbrot fractal -- into another dimension
- Fuzzbuzz -- Well, just gotta
- Soduko solver -- be meta, don't solver the puzzle, solver the puzle solver
- Huffman Encoding -- make it small
- LZW/LZ77 -- make it tiny
- Tetris in the console -- can you hear the music in your mind?
- Sokoban in the console -- this is my go-to
Level 10: With a little more commitment/time/deadication
Level 10:Crazy Renderers / Music Players
- Paint with Windows Task Manager
- Video's In the Terminal
- Floppy Tron - Play music with a bunch of old floppy drives!
Level 100: Epic Stuff
Coding Challenge sites
I am thankful for a friend of mine, Justin, who introduced my to the online community of coding challenge sites.
My Pet Projects: Sokoban Solver
Sokoban, which grew into SokoSolve